EYES: Essence Cosmetics 2-in-1 Eyeliner Pen

Essence Cosmetics 2-in-1 Eyeliner Pen
Essence Cosmetics 2-in-1 Eyeliner Pen



2014.08.28 - First published
2019.10.28 - Re-written from scratch and super-condensed



Two is better than one motto gives us Essence Cosmetics 2-in-1 Eyeliner Pen. It retailed for PhP 299.00 (made in Germany) back in March 2014 when I bought it. Essence has affordable prices an in comparison to their price range, 299 is on the high side. I would be expecting more, naturally.

This product gives us two sides -- one side has a thick broad tip, the other a pointed soft felt tip. I find that the broader side is impractical for my use and often use the pointed side. Hindi ko man ma-appreciated ang two-in-one na ito, at least this is easier to hold than their smaller Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner.

Unfortunately (whether I probably got an old stock), this eyeliner pen produces a semi-opaque finish no matter how many layers I put on. It feels like there is more water than color ink inside. Another disappointment is the performance. Although it stays all day, it is not waterproof and quickly fades sooner. The slightest liquid will erase the product, which is not the case with local non-waterproof similar products and I'm better off with any ordinary eyeliner pencils. With this in mind, it is sub-par. My solution is to frequently powder up the area to keep it dry. A few times, I had to re-apply during break! I was not really happy and considered it a total waste.

Why I hated it...
🆇 More expensive than their usual price range
🆇 It did not deliver given the price
🆇 I only used the pointed tip
🆇 Not bold, but semi-opaque
🆇 Not waterproof, easily erased

Essence Cosmetics 2-in-1 Eyeliner Pen

Essence Cosmetics 2-in-1 Eyeliner Pen

22 April 2014 at SM MOA

# # # E N D # # #